I’d like think was success, anyway. I reached every single one of last years goals, and THEN some.
I didn’t exactly keep track of everything that happened in 2018, but I’ll try to make note of what I’m most proud of.
What I’m most proud of is that I made 15 times the income in 2018 than I did in 2017. This, I pump my fist to.
My second best accomplishment is winning an Iowa award for one of my stories.
Here’s my year in a nutshell.
The beginning of 2018 verses the end of 2018:
- Instagram Followers: 143 / 795
- Twitter Followers: 356 / 691
- Facebook Followers: 1,009 total / 2,133 total
- Email Followers: 1,700 / 1817 with a new system to trim emails of inactive subs
- Bookbub: 0 / 762
- Bookfunnel 0 / 47
- Goodreads Followers: 196 / 282
- ARC Team: 25 / 58
- Blog Helpers: 0 / 72
- Pinterest views: 700 / 22,000
- Blog follows: 25 / 184
- IBEA Short Story Award, 1st place
Last year I had *9* books published. Today, I have *18* published with a 19th coming at the beginning of this year.
What I’ve Learned & Mastered:
- Full Length Covers
- High understanding of Amazon, Bookbub, Facebook Ads
- Book Formatting for both ebook and paperback without a program
- The art of cover making with free programs
- New websites discovered to help with ads
- The art of Keyword Mastery *giggles*
- How to best social media market and truly find an organic reach/interested parties without dozens of sleepless nights working away until my fingers bleed
- How to sell books without forking over a dime
- High understanding of algorithms in every place I market
- Made ****15 TIMES**** the amount of income of 2017
- Publish the rest of Rise of the Realms series (5 total books)
- Build a backlist of books (One extra series waiting to be published so I can stay ahead of the game)
- Double my income
- Activate my personal VIP group and build better relationships with them
- Reach a higher Pinterest following
- Read marketing books
- Read leisurely – a total of at least one book a month (sounds silly, but I’ve been so busy I haven’t had time for other’s books except for audio. Reading is the best tool an author can have.)
- Back down on the extra stuff I’m doing in the author community to further my career and reach my goals
That’s it! Thanks for sticking with me guys!